OK; these are good for 2019...
Safety is the key to a great Dirt experience. We prefer you get hurt on the trail instead of on the road or in a car. The drive route is generally the shortest route with the highest portion of paved roads and the least conflict (Not, “No Conflict!”!) with incoming vehicles and runners. Basic concepts:
- Be on high watch for runners crossing the roads as they do bolt from the trails!
- Follow the precise drive route
- Be attentive to parking instructions from the exchange volunteers.
- Stay in designated entrances, flow lanes and exits.
- Use odometer – trip odometer.
- Do not lay down behind the wheels of a vehicle in parking areas (Common and ugly!)
- Drive route after your runner starts leg.
1. The Stampede - Half Moon to Half Moon
- Stay at Half Moon
2. Buttslider - Half Moon to Silver Lake
- If possible, leave your #5 Runner here at Half Moon, you'll be pressed to get back here after your #4 leaves Silver Lake.
- Exit Half Moon (E) to Hankerd Caution: Confused/Lost runners maybe crossing Hankerd at exit
- Right (S) Hankerd 1.9 miles
- Left (E) N. Territorial 1.6
- Left (N) Dexter-Town Hall 1.1
- Left (W) Pinckney Rec. Area 0.6
- Park in lower lot until full then upper lot
3. Rave Run – Silver Lake to Silver Lake
- Stay at Silver Lake
4. Dirty Blond – Silver Lake to Half Moon
- I hope your #5 is already at Half Moon...
- Left (E) out of Pinckney Rec. Parking lot 0.5 Caution: Runners crossing parking access
- Right (S) on Dexter-Town Hall Road 1.1
- Right (W) on N. Territorial 1.6
- Right (N) onto Hankerd Road 1.9
- Left (W) into parking lot of Half Moon Exchange 4-5 is on parking side of HQ
5. Purgatory – Half Moon to Hell Creek Ranch
- Hell Creek Ranch Parking map below
- Exit (E) Half Moon to Hankerd
- Left (N) Hankerd/Glenbrook 1.8 Caution: Runners cross Glenbrook & Patterson
- Right (E) Patterson Lake Rd 2.1 Past Hell Store & IScream
- Left (N) Cedar Lake Road 0.1 Caution: Runners wandering around on Cedar Lake Road; turn into parking off Cedar Lake Road before you hit them.
- Right (E) into parking across from Ranch.
- Signs to Exchange in NW corner of parking, to Exchange across street in Ranch; do not try to cross Cedar Lake by going out the vehicle entrance.
6. This Sucks – Hell Creek Ranch to Neilsen's Rating
*** Vehicle Exit SE corner of parking ***
- Left (E) Patterson Lake Rd 1.0 miles Caution: Runners wandering around
- Left (N) Toma 1.2 miles (Toma changes to Howell St)
- Left (W) M-36 1.4 miles
- Left (S) into Neilsen's
- Shoe / Body Wash – Donate to Pinckney X-Country
7. Nookin' Futs – stay at Neilsen's Rating
8. Stripper Pole – Neilsen's Rating return to Hell Creek Ranch
- Right (E) M-36 1.4 miles
- Right (S) Howell St (Toma) 1.2 miles in downtown Pinckney
- Right (W) Patterson Lake Rd 1.1 miles
- Right (N) Cedar Lake Rd 0.1 miles Caution: Runners wandering around
- Right (E) into Parking. CAUTION: OBLIVIOUS RUNNERS ON ROAD
9. Styx – Hell Creek Ranch to Silver Lake
*** Vehicle Exit SE corner of parking ***
- Exit: Left (E) Patterson Lake. Rd. 1.0
- Right (S) Toma 0.75
- Right (W) Tiplady 0.25
- Left (S) Dexter-Townhall to Park 1.6
- Right (W) into Park to parking 0.7 Caution: Runners crossing parking access
- Park in lower (first) lot by trail head until full, then upper lot
10. Naked Woodchopper - stay at Silver Lake
11. Potto – Silver Lake to Half Moon
- Left (E) out of Pinckney Rec. Parking Lot 0.6 Caution: Runners crossing parking access and lot
- Right (S) Dexter-Town Hall Road 1.1
- Right (W) N. Territorial 1.6
- Right (N) Hankerd Road 1.9 Caution: Runners crossing Hankerd
- Left (W) into parking lot of Half Moon Exchange 11-12 is on parking side of HQ
12 & 13. Be Prepared + Vertigo - Half Moon to The Farm
Car straight to the Farm. Runner runs double Leg as 2 legs are better than 1.
- Exit Half Moon, Right (S) Hankerd Road 1.9
- Right (W) North Territorial 1.5 to Joslyn Lake Road
- Right (N) 2.1 to The Farm, Left into Parking
14. Oh Brother, Where Are Thou? – The Farm to The Farm
- Stay down on the Farm
15. Don’t Get No Better: Glory – The Farm to Half Moon Lake
- Right (S) Joslyn Lake 2.1
- Left (E) North Territorial 1.5 (North Lake Gas & Store is open)
- Left (N) Hankerd Rd. 1.8 Caution runners on road!
- Left Half Moon to team finish Join Runner to finish as Team