ULTRA 50K and 50M DIRTAILS
- 50K & 50M decision point is at the 50K finish (31 miles) at Camp Bruin HQ
- 50K proceed through the finish line & collapse.
- 50M proceed to Aid Station & if deemed capable continue on to next 19 miles.
- You may voluntarily switch events until 2:20 p.m., the 50Mile cut-off. Inform the finish lime area staff.
- Mandatory switch from 50M to 50k at 2:20 p.m. Runners are placed in the 50k race results.
*** Course Pull Times ***
*** 50K Cut-Off Times ***
- At Halfmoon Lake: Must leave by 2:50 pm to continue to Camp Bruin/50K Finish
*** 50 Mile Cut-Off Times *** Based on 50 Mile 13 hour finish time.
- Race Staff may determin that it's inadvisable for you to continue and pull you at any point during the day. However, it will have to be a major issue for this to happen.
- Camp Bruin 31.0 miles. Start by 2:20 pm & deemed safe.
After 2:20 pm, runner will proceed through 50k finish line and scored as 50K finisher.
50 mile finish in 13 hours equates to an average pace of 15.6 min/mile.
31 miles at 15.6 min/mile pace equates to 2:20 pm cutoff
19 miles to go at 15.6 m/m pace results in a 7:15 pm finish, 13 hours.
- The Farm K 41.8 miles. Start by 5:05 pm if deemed safe by race staff.
- Camp Bruin L 45.7 miles. Start by 6:05 pm if deemed safe by race staff.
Aid Stations - Thank the volunteers even if they seem clueless and intoxicated.
- Mandatory Check-in (50M, 50K): Inform the Station volunteers of your arrival by shouting out your bib number. It is vital that we record your race number. Some stations are visited more than once, let volunteers know which one you're reporting
- Some aid stations are also an exchange point for the relay runners.
- First Aid is available at all aid stations.
- Special drinks, pretzels, bananas, oranges, PB&J, boiled potatoes and surprises!
- Restroom facilities are varied.
- Most have a phone, warm blankets and friendly people. Others may be miserable and lonely.
- Thank the volunteers; they’ve been standing there since dawn or earlier.
Drop Bags (50M, 50K) Please, no black garbage bags, too easy to get put in trash!
- Drop Bag locations
- Hell – 16.6 miles, 50K & 50M – After the River Styx. Also H2O available.
- You can have a self-managed drop bag available at Bruin Camp. You'll be dry - weather permitting - but hey, be prepared.
- Desirables but no valuables as we are not responsible for lost stuff. Ideas are shoes, socks, special food, Vaseline, scripture, TP and Head Goat Voodoo Doll.
- At Start Area: Identify Drop Bag with your name & number or other identifiers. Deliver Drop Bag to the designated “Drop Bag Depot”.
- At Exchange: Locate your bag in Live Drop Bag Depot. If going to reuse, place back in Live Bag Depot. If ready for shipment to finish, place in DROP DEAD BAG zone, (This has nothing to do with your mother-in-law!) It will be taken to the finish. If not in Drop Dead zone, delivery could be delayed or require self-pickup at Aid Station.
- At Finish: Dead bags and lights will be located in the Drop Bag Return Area.
- Flashlights – Headlights: Recommended as 6:15 a.m. start is very dark. The tech reflective markers that look like rodents shining tiny flashlights back at you are helpful, but you need a light. Identify your lights.
- Light drop is at the second aid station (Halfmoon Lake.) Place in Drop Bag Dead Zone for return to the finish line.